Monday, July 17, 2006

Your Mom

Once again, it’s late Sunday night and I’ve got a plate of procrastination piled high with more homework than I can possibly fit into my face like its some sort of all-you-can-eat assignment buffet for only $5 at Guyton Hall and I haven’t eaten in days … which is almost true. And am I doing it? Of course not; I’m fasting. Why work when you can blog?

Though I'd much rather be laying on a blanket beside Lake Patsy, feeling the minutes pass but not the moment, as the sun dips slowly below the tree-line ...

Video blog dos. My tie was not that short! According to Mrs. Cornelius, it was hobbit-sized. It was choking me though, and I’m pretty sure I can see my face getting several shades darker, from casper to barney, by the end of the period – that shirt is too damn small. I’m still wavering between some of those crucial classroom management questions, such as “to tie or not to tie”. Not quite comfortable in my costume yet.

You can watch me now … but I won’t stop now … ‘cause I cant stop now …

What else? … my mother (who, along with other mothers, was the topic of classroom humor all week) would love to hear me say this … “don’t mumble, marbles”. I tend to forget what I was saying mid-sentence sometimes, and then find myself not exactly talking but instead following my words through a forest of blank stares wherever they want to take me without any significant thought attached to them. Then I walk into a tree, or trip over the overhead cord, and wake up long enough to field a question on comprehension, generally mine. Maybe I should sleep at night, rather than run wind-sprints in the Ole Miss football stadium. Also con mumbles, slow down speed-talker. And I think that I do need to start off the year practicing some of my lesson plans before taking my place on stage, a dry run in the morning before my vanity mirror at home wearing nothing but boxers and sunglasses while munching on Berry Kix and chocolate milk. This will make my lesson plans run more smoothly, with a little flow, if I was . . . organized. Kix essential, of course.

Most important of all, get rid of the Lloyd Christmas and paint one of my classroom walls fuscia – it compliments my post-embarrassing moment blush perfectly.

Reminder: Kidnap RB and bring him up to Williams as the Black History Month keynote speaker, in conjunction with a blues circuit of local southern musicians who would play at Amherst and Williams, etc., as well as venues like the Ironhorse or other smaller bar’s in Western Mass. The first idea followed from Mr. B’s moving lecture and a showing of Lalee’s Kin, the second precipitated out of a night on the town where I bumped into the same guitarist that I had taken a cell-phone snapshot of playing his six-string on a dimly lit side street off of Bourbon a few months ago while Spring Break. Crazy, I’m thinking . . .

Spent an electic first night in Leland, sans water or power, with dancing candles replacing light bulbs and iced red wine filling the china. While shadows flickered on the wall behind us, AJ and I dined on a Sonic buffet, siped on the wine and smiled at one another in the dim candlelight. Despite all the discomforts of an evening without utilities, it was one of the best nights I've had in a while. I'm looking forward to Biloxi more than ever before ...

Stop looking at me swan.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hilarious...you've always had a way with words

A J said...

I think your Kix and chocolate milk stink, stank, stunk!!!!

oakleyses said...

nike air max, replica watches, louis vuitton, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin outlet, jordan pas cher, oakley sunglasses wholesale, replica watches, christian louboutin, oakley sunglasses, oakley sunglasses, gucci handbags, nike free run, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, sac longchamp pas cher, tiffany jewelry, louis vuitton outlet, uggs on sale, ugg boots, burberry pas cher, nike free, prada outlet, kate spade outlet, oakley sunglasses, air max, tory burch outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, tiffany and co, nike air max, nike roshe, polo ralph lauren outlet online, longchamp pas cher, polo ralph lauren, polo outlet, louis vuitton, chanel handbags, louboutin pas cher, christian louboutin uk, michael kors pas cher, ray ban sunglasses, cheap oakley sunglasses

oakleyses said...

vans pas cher, nike air max uk, nike air force, michael kors outlet, uggs outlet, north face, michael kors outlet online, replica handbags, ray ban pas cher, nike air max uk, michael kors outlet online, sac hermes, burberry handbags, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet, converse pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, true religion outlet, burberry outlet, nike roshe run uk, mulberry uk, coach purses, true religion jeans, timberland pas cher, nike air max, true religion outlet, sac vanessa bruno, coach outlet, ralph lauren uk, lululemon canada, coach outlet store online, hollister pas cher, polo lacoste, nike free uk, guess pas cher, michael kors outlet online, true religion outlet, kate spade, oakley pas cher, michael kors, hollister uk, abercrombie and fitch uk, ray ban uk, uggs outlet, hogan outlet, nike tn, north face uk, michael kors outlet online

oakleyses said...

hollister, louis vuitton, hollister, wedding dresses, barbour, canada goose, canada goose, pandora jewelry, juicy couture outlet, ugg pas cher, links of london, converse outlet, ugg, juicy couture outlet, toms shoes, ray ban, louis vuitton, canada goose outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, louis vuitton, louis vuitton, moncler uk, canada goose outlet, canada goose outlet, nike air max, supra shoes, swarovski crystal, moncler, montre pas cher, doudoune moncler, ugg uk, moncler outlet, barbour uk, converse, gucci, replica watches, moncler, louis vuitton, karen millen uk, pandora jewelry, swarovski, moncler, lancel, pandora charms, canada goose jackets, coach outlet, canada goose, moncler, thomas sabo, canada goose uk, ugg,uggs,uggs canada

dalia alaa said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-50.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-49.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-48.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-47.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-45_13.html

dalia alaa said...

http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-45.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-44.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-43.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-42.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-41.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-40.html
http://www.prokr.net/2016/09/furniture-transfer-companies-39.html